Directions for Color Rub
HOW TO APPLY COLOR RUB:
- Color Rub is designed to be a fun TEMPORARY color. It is NOT designed to be permanent. Let your hair be the life of the party with Color Rub.
- Apply on finished styled hair. Wear a towel or cape to protect clothing from color transfer. Do not use over carpeted areas. Wear protective gloves to avoid staining hands or manicure. Wash hands after use with soap and water.
- We recommend using leave-in conditioner on the hair prior to using Color Rub. The leave-in conditioner will act as a primer, will help seal the hair cuticle, and spread the Color Rub evenly.
- Apply the Color Rub directly on the hair. Massage into hair into a downward direction until evenly covered. Spray light mist of hair spray to seal the color in place.
- Clothing or absorbent surfaces that come into contact might have transfer of color. We do not recommend wearing light colored or white clothing.
- Shampoo, rinse and repeat as needed. Bleached blonde, chemically processed, or high-lift colored hair may require 2-3 shampoos. If staining occurs in bleached or processed hair, it will fade in time with several shampoos.
Will Color Rub stain hair?
- Bleached blonde, chemically processed, or high-lift colored hair may require 2-3 shampoos. If staining occurs in bleached or processed hair, it will fade in time with several shampoos. It is best to use a leave-in conditioner first, to prime the hair and help seal the hair cuticle. However, be aware there is a risk of staining, use with caution.
Will Color Rub stain clothes or carpet?
- We recommend wearing a towel or a cape to protect clothing from color transfer when applying. Do not use over carpeted areas when applying Color Rub. We do not recommend wearing light clothes while wearing Color Rub in hair. If staining on clothing occurs, washing with laundry detergent will remove the color.
Will Color Rub stain my hands?
- Wear protective gloves to avoid staining hands or your manicure. If you do not wear gloves, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
Will Color Rub show up on all hair colors?
- It shows up on all colors of hair, however is brighter on light hair, and more subtle on dark hair.
Can I use multiple colors?
- Your imagination is your only limitation. Use as many colors as you want to, Color Rub is great to create multiple color looks. Create tie dye looks. Create dip dye looks.
How do I sanitize my Color Rub product?
- SANITATION: If using Color Rub on more than one person, spray alcohol directly on to the Color Rub, allow it to dry, and wipe the outer layer off with a clean tissue or clean cotton ball. By doing this, you are removing any residuals, oils, or styling product residue that might have settled on the top layer of your product. If you use a lot of styling products, leave-in conditioner, hairspray, etc and you get a build-up on the top layer of your Color Rub, wipe the outer layer off with a clean tissue.
What is the difference between Color Rub and artist chalk?
- Hair chalking is a technique that is done using art chalk. Through extensive research during the development of Color Rub, Hair Flairs learned that artist chalk, even if labeled ‘non-toxic’ is labeled 'non-toxic' for art purposes only. Artist chalk is NOT approved for cosmetic use and may contain pigments and chemicals that can be toxic if used on skin, near the face, or if the dust is inhaled. Color Rub is a cosmetic-grade product designed for safe use in a salon environment. Color Rub only contains ingredients which are FDA approved for cosmetic use.